- Asian Politics, Society, History and Culture
This course examines traits of Asian politics, society, history and culture that distinguish this region and shape its domestic political processes and inter-state relations. It provides in-depth coverage of government and politics in contemporary Asia as well as the historical context and cultural practices. Students are expected to understand the social and political structure of Asian countries, interaction between state and non-state actors, domestic and foreign policy priorities of Asian countries, strengths and weaknesses of political institutions and the role of populism, nationalism and identity politics as well as religion, popular culture and soft power in Asian countries.
- Asian culture in business
- Asian political development and democratization
- Asian society and culture
- Policies and ethnics in Asian community